The COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative provides free rapid antigen tests for employees of small– and medium-sized businesses. The tests are distributed through the Huron Chamber of Commerce – Goderich, Central and North Huron in a program supported by Ontario Chamber of Commerce, Government of Ontario and Government of Canada. Businesses (including non-chamber members) with 150 employees or less are welcome to participate in this program, along with daycares, private schools and private colleges where testing is mandated. The goal of the program is to identify asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to curb the spread in the workplace, at home and around the community in Goderich and area.
Please be aware of a recent provincial government memo, which reads, in part:
“Updates to the provincial antigen testing guidance made on Aug. 25, 2021 now recommend against the use of rapid antigen screening for fully-vaccinated individuals. In practice, this means that regardless of vaccination status, an individual may still choose to participate in rapid antigen screening and does not need to disclose their vaccination status to participate or not participate in sectors where screening is voluntary. These changes have been made to guidance to reflect the low likelihood of COVID-19 within fully vaccinated groups, which reduces the utility of screening and could result in an increase of false positive results, which we know are disruptive to businesses. This approach is informed by the findings of several expert panels.”
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE ORDERING
- Fill out the “Order Self Screening Kits”report.
- Once order is received and packaged you will be notified by The Huron Chamber of Commerce – Goderich, Central and North Huron. Please do not visit the pickup site until your time for pickup has been scheduled.
- Each company should assign a Screening Supervisor Designate , who will be the contact person.
- If you have multiple businesses, please fill out one form per business.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- All visitors must complete and PASS a COVID-19 assessment before entry into the premises.
- Check in at registration and provide the completed PASP (Provincial Antigen Screening Program) form. Click here to download the agreement form.
- There is a link to a 5-minute training video in your information package sent with your pick up time. You will need to watch it.
- Capacity limited to 2 visitors at any one time.
- Masks and physical distancing are mandatory while in the building.
REPORTING YOUR RESULTS
In order to participate in the Workplace Self Screening program, all participants must agree to immediately report the results as soon as employees have been tested.
Your Screening Supervisor Designate will be responsible for reporting all results.
Results can only be submitted through the online portal.
Results are shared with Health Canada and the Ministry of Health Ontario.
*Find the link to the ‘Self Screening Kit Reporting’ here.
**Anyone who receives a positive test result through the Workplace Self Screening Kit will need to make arrangements with their local Public Health Unit to receive a PCR test as soon as possible. They must also work with Public Health to determine when it is safe for them to return to work.
The Workplace Self Screening Kits program operates:
- Wednesdays, starting at 10 am.
- All kits are picked up at: Goderich Memorial Arena, 180 McDonald St., Goderich
Got a question about the workplace self screening kits? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
GODERICH – Today, the Huron Chamber of Commerce – Goderich, Central and North Huron and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce – Read More
How many staff can go to pick up and train for the screening kits and masks? Due to safety protocols – Read More