Huron Chamber of Commerce- Goderich, Central and North Huron board of directors was announced at the 2023 AGM recently.
- Past Chair John Peet, MicroAge Basics
- Chair Jennifer Verdam-Woodward, Compass Minerals
- Vice-Chair Tabatha Fisher, Libro Credit Union
- Treasurer Sierra Burt, Takalo & Burt Chartered Professional Accountants
- Secretary Heather Boa, Operations Manager, Huron Chamber of Commerce – Goderich, Central and North Huron (non-voting)
- Carolynne Champagne, Shore to Please Summer House
- Marianne Novotna, River Run Restaurant
- Ralph Rubino, Heart To Heart Financial Inc.
- Cindy Scholten, Edge Wood Décor
- Jodi Snell, Jodi Snell Royal LePage Heartland Realty
- Nadine VandenHeuvel, NV Fitness & Conditioning Inc.
- Tom Williscraft, Blackburn Media
“Here at the Huron Chamber of Commerce, we have a lot to celebrate from 2022. First of all, most of us are still here. We changed the way we did business, we adapted, and we came out the other side of a pandemic,” said Jennifer Verdam-Woodward, who is the board’s chair.
About 30 Chamber members attended the morning meeting on Feb. 2, 2023.
Guest speakers were Daniel Safayeni, Vice President, Policy, Ontario Chamber of Commerce, and Claudia Dessanti, Senior Manager, Policy, Ontario Chamber of Commerce.
It was an opportunity for them to talk to our members about the policy process, priorities
& how advocacy at the local chamber level manifests in impact with the provincial & federal governments.
The breakfast event is sponsored by Harbour Hill Retirement Community. Coffee sponsored by McDonald’s Goderich. Accommodations for guest speakers sponsored by Comfort Inn Goderich.