FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Huron Perth, ON – Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH) will be holding community vaccination clinics this summer for students born in 2007-2009 to help them stay up to date with routine immunizations.
The clinics are open to youth who have:
- Previously received a dose of Hepatitis B (HB) or Human Papillomavirus (HPV), and/or the Meningococcal (MenC-ACYW-135) vaccine and need to complete the series; or
- Not yet received these vaccines and need to start the series.
Typically, students receive these immunizations at school-based clinics; however, HPPH was not able to hold school clinics during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, many youth may not be up to date on immunizations.
“We encourage youth and their parents/guardians to take the opportunity to stay up-to-date on their immunizations,” says Dr. Miriam Klassen, Medical Officer of Health for Huron Perth. “Routine immunizations help build up and strengthen the immune system, protecting youth from serious diseases.”
Under Ontario’s Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA), all students attending elementary or secondary school are required to provide proof of immunization against certain diseases, including meningitis.
How do I know if my child has received these immunizations yet?
If you aren’t sure whether your children are up to date on certain immunizations, you can take a look at your child’s immunization record using the Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) system.
Visit www.hpph.ca/ICON to access the records. You can also call 1-888-221-2133.
Please note that ICON only lists immunizations that have been reported to HPPH; if your child received immunizations that haven’t been reported yet, they will not appear in this record. Parents are asked to report all immunizations to Huron Perth Public Health (HPPH) so we can ensure your child’s record is up-to-date.
Following are youth vaccine clinics. All clinics will take place from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- June 28 | Stratford Rotary Complex | 353 McCarthy Road, Stratford
- June 29 | Libro Community Hall | 239 Bill Fleming Drive, Clinton
- July 6 | Pyramid Recreation Centre | 317 James Street South, St. Marys
- July 12 | Steve Kerr Memorial Complex | 965 Binning Street West, Listowel
- July 13 | Seaforth & District Community Centre | 122 Duke Street, Seaforth
- July 26 | Wingham Knights of Columbus Centre | 99 Kerr Drive, Wingham
- August 17 | Goderich Memorial Arena | 180 McDonald Street, Goderich
- August 18 | Stratford Intermediate School | 60 St. Andrew Street, Stratford
- August 23 | West Perth Community Centre | 185 Wellington Street, Mitchell
- August 24 | South Huron District High School | 92 Gidley Street East, Exeter
Appointments are required and can be booked online at www.hpph.ca/schoolvaccines or by calling our booking line at 1-833-753-2098.
The clinics are also open to students born in 2004-2006 who need their Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis) immunization and were not able to attend one of the clinics held between May 25 and June 10.
In the fall, HPPH plans to resume school-based immunization clinics. Immunizations are also available through your family doctor.
For more information: